Lakshmi Seva Sangham (LSS), a sister concern of Gandhigram Trust was started in 1977 with the guidance of Dr. Y. Kondal Rao, (Founder – Secretary, IMPCOPS, Adayar, Chennai) with hard and committed initiative of Padmashree V. Padmanabhan, a veteran Gandhian and Shri. V. Krishnamoorthy an educationist and Dr. Kondal Rao. It was registered as a society, under Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act of 1860 vide Sl. No 25 of 1977. Siddha and Ayurveda medicines manufacturing unit under LSS was started in 1980, having license for 450 items right now we are manufacturing 270 medicines.